Just Thursday, I wrote with a warning about carjackings, as they can even happen with classic cars. I was further dismayed to see that a 1969 Prostreet Camaro SS was stolen while the owner was in Ohio attending the 15th Goodguys PPG Nationals this past weekend! Sometime early morning on Sunday, July 8th, between midnight and 6AM, while at the Ramada Plaza Hotel in Columbus, Ohio, the vehicle (shown below) was taken from the hotel parking lot.
|1969 Prostreet Camaro SS - STOLEN 07-08-12 from Columbus, Ohio|
Here's information on the car:
- Paint Color: Medium Garnet
- Front & Rear bumpers are painted same body color, along with side marker trim
- All emblems are painted Bright Red
- Between tail lights is the fuel fill cap which is Red in color
- Rims: Weld wheels (standard 15" on front, 18" on rear)
- Engine: 454 big block, Aluminum Edelbrock cylinder heads, aluminum March pulleys, Demon carburetor, aluminum Edelbrock air gap intake, black with red stripe valve covers, MSD distributor
- Transmissiion: Turbo 400
- Black interior, two front bucket seats - NO rear seat
- Roll Bar with red vinyl covers
If you attended the show, were staying at the Ramada Plaza Hotel or another nearby hotel, or saw anything at all that might help, please help out a fellow enthusiast and report it. Anything could help. Please call 614-645-2027 ASAP.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Andrea L. Algar is co-owner of a classic car performance and restoration design shop in Leesville, Texas. Motorheads Performance specializes in repairs, maintenance, performance upgrades and restorative work on cars and trucks from the 1920’s through 1970’s. Her husband Guy L. Algar is a Mechanical Engineer with over 25 years experience. He holds 5 ASE Certifications from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence and has been working on old cars and trucks for over 37 years. Together they share their passion for old cars and trucks with other enthusiasts from around the country.